SEUCK Title Screen Maker [Commodore 64]
A downloadable tool
Released Version 1.1 (See update notes below)
Are you a creative Commodore 64 user who likes to make games using the Shoot Em Up Construction Kit or Sideways Scrolling S.E.U.C.K Engine or perhaps you have made a game you made many years ago using the editor, but want to jazz up the presentation and you cannot code?
The New Dimension is very proud to present the S.E.U.C.K Title Screen Maker. A fun tool which can help you make cool new front ends and link them to your very own standalone games, created with S.E.U.C.K (Or perhaps your very own programs). A manual PDF has also been included with guidance on how to use this tool. Side 4 of the
disk image comes with some example games with the new front ends bolted onto the games.
The S.E.U.C.K Title screen maker consists of the following features:
- Load music relocated to $8000-$8fff (Title) / $9000-$9fff (In game)
- Load Koala paint logos of a max width of 40 chars and height of 7 chars to your front end
- Load custom 1x1 (8x8 pixel) characters (including optional char animation frames for shifted keys)
- Load and edit existing title screens on the disk
- Make colourful front end presentations for your games, including credits, scroll text, get ready and game over and of course colour.
- Set up the game settings to suit your game production
- Save the finished title screen, load your S.E.U.C.K game and link it to your game
- Free memory adaptable for programming your own enhancements into your SEUCK games
- Compatible with theC64 and theVIC20 (in C64 mode) (Make sure your disks use _FH when enhancing).
The S.E.U.C.K Title Screen Maker also comes with example new front ends and runnable raw versions of previously seen non-commercial S.E.U.C.K games by Alf Yngve and T.N.D games (Used with permission of course).
Here are a couple of tutorial videos, to show what it is all about:
SEUCK Title Maker: Part 1 - Making a new front end for Tau Omega
SEUCK Title Maker: Part 2 - Putting your new front end onto the game and saving it.
Current version: V1.1
The following updates in place are: as follows:
- Fixed crashing bug on cursor input. When the cursor moves to the home position after reaching the bottom of the screen, the code was reading too many characters below the screen, forcing it to crash. This problem has now been fixed.
- Fixed crashing in settings where a game requires only sound effects. For some strange reason after GET READY, instead of starting the game, the main game thought in game music was setup.
- Disk menu: On loading charset, you can now test display your charset and select whether or not you wish to use animated characters or not in your new front page.
- You can now edit the GET READY and GAME OVER text on screen (40 chars max)
- Bonus game including raw version: Dream World by Gaetano Chiummo
- Added XTC Packer V1.0 and 2Mhz Time Cruncher V5.0 public domain utilities for packing and crunching on a native C64, Ultimate 64..
It is possible that in the future this utility will have additional updates/improvements. This page will inform you about this.
Programming and graphics by Richard Bayliss
SEUCK game engine by Sensisoft and Outlaw Productions
All example games feature credits where possible:
Ray Fish and Nyaaaah! 11 by Richard Bayliss
Super Strike, Laser Legion and Night Raid by Alf Yngve
Dream World by Gaetano Chiummo
All games come with example front end data which you can play around with and the games have all been used with permission.
(W )2021 The New Dimension as Freeware - Non Commercial Use Only!
This production, and its content is classed as free digital software. TND Games consents copying, sharing, modification/improvements and respectable broadcast of this production. However TND Games does not consent any part of this production to be used for physical or digital reproduction for sales or marketing of this production without permission from TND Games.
Open the ZIP archive and then extract the D64s to your subdirectory. In order to be able to use these files you are required a C64 with a freezer cartridge, such as Action/Retro Replay or 1541Ultimate. with cartridge plugins. This program will also work on the Ultimate 64 with cartridge plugins or
The disk images have been split into 4 disk sides:
Side 1 - SEUCK Title Screen Maker V1.0, Capture and Freeze program, XTC Packer V1.0, 2Mhz Time Cruncher V5.0, Dream World work files
Side 2 - Raw SEUCK games "Laser Legion" and "Ray Fish", along with the example title screen, graphics and music files.
Side 3 - Example raw SEUCK games "Night Raid" and "Super Strike" along with the example title screen, graphics and music files
Side 4 - Complete games from side 2 and 3 completely packed and mastered with the SEUCK title screen maker.
Please read PDF for a complete guide on how to enhance your own SEUCK games with this tool.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Updated the manual for SEUCK Title Screen Maker V1.1.
When linking the front ends to your SEUCK game using theC64. Accurate disk, or _AD should be enabled if using Action Replay. This is due to its software fast save and fastload - which will NOT work without True Drive enabled.
Although it is possible to link a new title screen to the SEUCK game on theC64. It is not possible to save all BANK RAM without the freezer cartridge fast load/fast save enabled.
Added video tutorials.