I am pleased to say that there are no more upgrades required for this tool. V1.5+ is the latest and final version.
SEUCK Title Screen Maker V1.5+ [Commodore 64]
A downloadable tool
Are you a creative Commodore 64 user who likes to make games using the Shoot Em Up Construction Kit (SEUCK) or Sideways Scrolling SEUCK. Are you bored with the old front end, provided? Do you want to make your presentation stand out but you cannot code?
The New Dimension is very proud to present to you the SEUCK Title Screen Maker. A fun tool which can help you make cool new front ends and link them to your very own standalone games, created with SEUCK on the Commodore 64.
NO CODE REQUIRED, but you will need an Action Replay/Retro Replay cartridge or plugin to place the title screen onto your game, if you can't code.
A manual PDF has also been included with guidance on how to use this tool.
Latest version: V1.5+ (6th July 2022)
The S.E.U.C.K Title screen maker consists of the following features:
- Load music relocated to $8000-$8fff (Title) / $9000-$9fff (In game). Music must be in PRG format. (Use a SID music relocator before using this option).
- Add/disable optional GET READY, GAME OVER and HI SCORE music to your project.
- Load Koala paint multi colour bitmap or OCP Art studio hi-resolution logo. (Dimensions: 7 row x 40 chars from top of screen).
- Load custom 1x1 (8x8 pixel) character sets, in hi-res or multi colour mode.
- Edit your own optional hi score table list
- Load and edit existing title screens already made
- Make colourful front end presentations for your games, including credits, scroll text, get ready and game over and make your own flashing colour schemes or still colour.
- Edit the title screen settings to suit your game.
- Save the finished title screen, load your SEUCK game and link it to your game
- Free memory adaptable for programming your own enhancements into your SEUCK games (See SEUCK School for tips and tricks).
- Compatible with theC64 and theVIC20 with Firmware V1.6.1 (in C64 mode) with Action Replay/Retro Replay cartridge plugin. (Make sure your disks use true drive emulation (accurate disk when enhancing)
- Fixes the SEUCK wrong player scoring bug
- Helpful manual.
The SEUCK Title Screen Maker also comes with example new front ends and runnable raw versions of previously seen non-commercial SEUCK games by Alf Yngve and TND games (Used with permission of course).
Programming, design and music by Richard Bayliss
All example games come in standalone raw SEUCK format, along with new front ends. All front ends have been converted to work on SEUCK Title Maker V1.4 and have been carefully put in place and tested.
There are future plans for a bonus disk/image containing Turbo Assembler code snippets with full instructions on how to implement and enhance your SEUCK games even more to your programs. Watch this space :)
(C )2022 The New Dimension
This production, and its content is classed as free digital software. TND Games consents copying, sharing, modification/improvements and respectable broadcast of this production. However TND Games does not consent any part of this production to be used for physical or digital reproduction for sales or marketing without permission.
You are welcome to use this production to create new front ends for your SEUCK game creations and get them published onto web sites, C64 community based covermounts for fan based C64 magazines.
The purpose for development this production is having fun and sharing with the C64 community.
Open the ZIP archive and then extract the D64s to your subdirectory. In order to be able to use these files you are required a C64 with a freezer cartridge, such as Action/Retro Replay or 1541Ultimate. with cartridge plugins. This program will also work on the Ultimate 64 with cartridge plugins or theC64/the VIC20 in C64 mode.
Please read PDF for a complete guide on how to enhance your own SEUCK games with this tool.
- SEUCK Title Screen Maker V1.5+ [Update]Jul 06, 2022